Digital Marketing: A Guide for Beginners
Digital marketing is one of the most effective and important ways to get your content in front of people. It allows you to reach a wide audience and build relationships with them – it’s a great way to get your brand out there!
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a marketing strategy that relies heavily on digital channels, such as social media, content marketing, SEO, and online advertising. Digital marketers use technology to create engaging content that serves as a call-to-action for potential customers.
Basic Terms and Concepts to Know
Before we jump into the deep end of the pool of digital marketing it’s probably a good idea to cover some basic terms and concepts.
- An Algorithm is a specific set of instructions that enables computers to perform specific tasks and display desired functions on-screen GUI(Graphical User Interface).
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making web pages more accessible to search engine bots so that your site will show up higher in search engine results.
- Campaign is a coordinated effort using a mix of paid, owned, and earned media to promote a business.
- Target Market is the sub-group of consumers who are most likely to use your product or service. They are customers that have common characteristics that differentiate them from others.
- Landing page is a single web page that appears after clicking on an advertisement or search engine result. It’s where traffic is brought in from other marketing activities, such as social media posts and PPC ad campaigns. Its main purpose is to convert visitors to lead and leads to customers.
- Domain authority is a metric used by a search engine (e.g. Google) to rank the value of your website. The higher the value, the more likely it will be a ranking target for a search engine.
- Page Authority is an estimate of how well a specific page will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). It’s measured by the number and quality of links to a particular page and normalized by Google’s link-based algorithm.
- Keywords are the words or phrases that your audience is typing into search engines to find answers to their questions. Including keywords in your website and its content will help people to find your product or service online.
- Cost-Per-Click (CPC) is the amount paid by an advertiser to display its banner, link, or other ads on a search engine result page — the actual price varies depending on how much advertisers are willing to pay.
- Organic Traffic is the traffic you get from people searching for things that are relevant to your brand via search engines. These are the visitors that don’t click on an ad but end up on your site because of keywords they are searching for.
- Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who navigate away from a single web page. The bounce rate metric is primarily used to determine how engaging a particular web page is in converting visitors. Too high bounce rate means visitors are finding little to no value in your content.
- Call to action (CTA) is a clickable button on your website that persuades your readers to purchase your product or content.
- User experience is the result of how a customer feels when they interact with your brand online. User experience determines how successfully you engage visitors, and whether they choose to return in the future.
The History of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing, also called e-marketing, refers to the use of digital technologies to promote and sell goods and services. Digital marketing’s history can be traced back to the late 19th century when newspapers started using the telegraph to transmit advertising messages. In recent years, social media has been a cornerstone in digital marketing because it can reach anyone in seconds.
A Brief Look at the Future of Digital Marketing
In recent years, the world has been moving towards digital marketing. As a result, it is more important than ever for business owners to make sure they are familiar with this new form of marketing. In the future, digital marketing will be one of the most important aspects of any company’s marketing strategy. This is because it will have the potential to improve all aspects of a company’s business. This will be especially true for businesses that are in the healthcare.
What Are the Benefits of Investing in Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing has become one of the most effective ways of reaching an audience through online platforms. People are using digital marketing to advertise their business, promote brand awareness, and increase sales. It is also an effective way of promoting your products and services, increasing brand popularity, and engaging with the audience.
With technology evolving at a rapid pace, it is becoming increasingly difficult for companies to capitalize on marketing opportunities. The need to be mobile-friendly, search engine friendly, and social media-friendly is ever increasing. As a result, digital marketing has become the most effective way of meeting the modern consumer’s needs. However, it is also one of the most expensive forms of marketing.
According to a recent survey, approximately 70% of small and medium businesses (SMBs) still fail to invest adequately in SEO and social media marketing, despite the widespread recommendations from digital agencies and marketers alike. High-quality content is one of the most critical factors that contribute to your digital marketing ROI. You need to know how to generate content that is both engaging and highly targeted to the right audience, at the right time. Content marketing also requires a lot of planning and strategizing, so you need to know what you’re doing and how to engage the right audience.
Common Techniques in Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM) work best when they are integrated. The goal of SEO is to make sure that the website ranks well on search engines, while SMM attempts to generate more traffic from social media networks. Together, they go hand-in-hand to provide business results that are more effective than individual optimization tactics.
Because of the large number of sites that business owners can create, many webmasters find it difficult to keep track of what they have created and where those sites are ranked. In addition, the number of sites that a business owner creates often prevents them from creating a unique look and feel that can promote their brand. The result is that business owners often find that they are:
- wasting money on social media posts,
- spending time creating sites that rank well but never get traffic, or
- spending a lot of money to rank well but never getting the results they expected.
How to Develop a Strategy for Your Digital Business and Create a Successful Campaign
When you are starting a digital business, it is important to have a strategy that will help you reach your goals. First, you need to figure out what your goals are and then create a plan of action that will help you progress towards those goals. It is also important to consider the audience that you are targeting with your digital marketing campaign.
Digital marketing strategy examples are needed for businesses that are looking to implement digital marketing into their business model. To create an effective digital marketing strategy, it is important to consider your target market, your product, and your competition. Online marketing can be extremely effective when it is executed correctly. It is important to have a clear strategy.
One size doesn’t fit all
Even though there are many different digital marketing strategies, the best plan is customized for your end goal. Since each business has its own unique goal and strategy, a customizable strategy is vital. We always custom tailor all of our marketing services to our clients which is why we have such an incredible track record.
Would you like us to audit your business’ digital presence for free?
What’s in our famous digital audit? Well, we meticulously review your entire digital presence. We look at everything from your company’s description on Facebook to the lines of code on your website for SEO. This free audit will show you what you are doing well, the things that you should improve, and we even give you the tools & methods so that you can fix these issues yourself. OH! Did I mention that it was free with absolutely no strings attached? It is 😉